Monday, December 1, 2008

"Journey to the North Shore" - Hawaii Day 4

Day 4 started early!! We departed the Outrigger at 6AM heading to the North Shore and a night at the Turtle Bay Resort. I enjoyed Waikiki, but I was anxious to visit the mountains and garden part of the island. The entire ride, which is about 2 hours, was breathtaking!!

Sunrise in Waikiki

Moana Surfrider, the oldest hotel in Waikiki.
It is a luxury resort operated by the Westin. Gorgeous!!
This is my favorite resort in Waikiki.

Hanauma Bay - Nature Preserve
Note: Closed on Tuesdays - Small cost to enter the bay
Perfect for snorkeling!!
20 Minutes from Waikiki

Our group received a guided tour from Patsy Fong
Senator Fong's Daughter-in-Law
She pulled a melon off the tree and gave it to Geoff to eat right there.

Patsy gave me a lime for my 30 mosquito bites. It worked!!

Secret Island at Kualoa Ranch
(50 First Dates was filmed here)

Secret Island is perfect for a beach wedding.

Entrance to Kualoa Ranch

Kualoa Ranch - A 4000 acre working ranch
Site of ABC's Lost, and multiple movie's such as:
Pearl Harbor, 50 First Dates, Jurassic Park, Windtalkers, and Godzilla

I'm hiding from the dinosaurs. Shhhh!

I recommend the movie tour,
but those on the ATV's also seemed to be having fun! :)

On our way to the North Shore we stopped at
Giovanni's Shrimp Truck. YUMMY!!
I also had one of many Pineapple Smoothies. Double YUM!

We arrived at the Turtle Bay Resort located at the North Shore
and headed straight to dinner at Ola's.
Again, it was an amazing dinner! All 5 courses!

Time for bed!
View of the sunset from my room at the Turtle Bay Resort.

Next up is horseback riding and the Dole Plantation. Check back soon. :)

No comments: