Thursday, January 15, 2009

Disney World is "The Happiest Place on Earth."

Disney World over the holidays was the "Happiest Place on Earth." I'd been once before for work, but this was my first time on a vacation with my family. It was a long flight from Salt Lake to Orlando. (Tip 1: No matter what the cost, you need to fly non-stop when traveling with a child.) Disney World is seven theme parks in 50 square miles. It could easily take 7-10 days to experience all of it. I did not have this luxury, so I was forced to cram 50 square miles into 3 days. I was on a very tight schedule. Our real purpose for going was the Disney Wonder Cruise. However, I was not going to fly across the country and skip Disney World.

It's 6am and he's still smiling.

The first night there we stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. My little guy is a ZOO freak, and the lodge has zoo animals on property. (Tip 2: A Sahara View room is worth the cost.) The Animal Kingdom Lodge is located near the Animal Kingdom Theme Park. Throughout the grounds you can find places to view the animals such as giraffes. It also has a fabulous pool area, with 4-6 lifeguards on duty so that parents can relax. :) If, you are going to pay to stay at the lodge you need to dedicate at least a day to enjoying the pool and grounds.

One of many animal viewing areas.

Pool with "Lifeguards on Duty"
I went down the water slide 23 times.

Park One: Animal Kingdom

The day starts with a grin. :)

Re-enacting the T-Rex pose.

Viewing bats close-up

Yes, actual hanging bats. GROSS...

4 tigers, sleeping while we sat close-by

View of Mt. Everest ride

Tarzan cast member, and only character pic.

Best ride in the park!
The Animal Safari

Lions

Hippos

Alligators


Elephants

"See mom, I'm still smaller than a 6 year old male." (Ape)

No more walking for this guy.

Dinner at the T-Rex restaurant at Pleasure Island
COOLEST restaurant in the world for a 5 yr old boy.

He needed his own "Build-a-Dino" to
mark the best Dino day of his life.

And....good night....

I still have the Disney Wonder, Hollywood Studios and Epcot. I'll be back soon...

No comments: